This particular soup also makes use of roasted tomatoes and garlic, the perfect combination with the roasted bell peppers. I don't even put any salt or pepper in this soup. I just roast, peel, blend and serve. Such simple ingredients, and so good!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 head of garlic, with a slice off the top to expose the top of each garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all ingredients with the olive oil and place in a large casserole dish, with the flesh side face down.
- Roast at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until bell peppers are soft and the skin is starting to char.
- Remove from oven. Remove the skins of the tomatoes and peppers and then into the blender.
- Carefully pick out the softened cloves of garlic and put these in the blender too.
- Blend away until super smooth, and serve while it is still hot!