This is my go-to recipe for an impressive, easy, bite-sized appetizer. I made these for friends on New Years Day and they were demolished.
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cups of baby spinach, finely chopped
1 package of extra firm tofu, well crumbled with your fingers
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Italian dried herb mix
1 tsp chili flakes
Lots of fresh ground pepper
Salt to taste
12 thawed spring roll sheets
oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a small saucepan. Add olive oil, onions and a small sprinkle of salt.
- Saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes until onions are soft. Set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients for filling, including the sauteed onions. Set aside.
- Cut the spring roll wrappers in half on a diagonal.
- Brush each spring roll wrapper with oil and place in mini muffin tin so that the oiled side is against the muffin tin, and it covers the bottom and most of the edges of each mini muffin cup. You will need to tuck in the corners of the spring roll wrappers as well. If there is a little sticking out, don't worry about it. It looks pretty when it bakes and turns brown.
- Stuff each spring roll wrapper with the filling. I use my hands to do this so that I can also give one a good press.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes - when you take one out of the quiches out of the tin, it should be a little brown.